Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Version of River of Life Is Posted: Please Test

The new version of The River of Life world is now posted at this link.

There are usually some problems with a fresh release (caps in titles, etc.). If you load the world and find these, please post them to me here. I'll be testing as well. This world is encoded in VRML97. I will convert it to X3D once this version works.

Note that the world was built by hand using the Bit Management Contact browser. I have not tested it on other VRML browsers lately. If you do, let me know how that goes. The worlds have been through Chisel and are error free to the best of my knowledge. There are still warnings and non-conformance messages given the tight restrictions of Chisel, but other wise it runs.

One favor: please don't pilfer the sound files. Those are samples under fair use and this is a not-for-profit world. All of the artists are listed in the credits.

Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't work. Clicking on the title an "ECMA script error" is raised while trying to "replace the world" :-(
I was excited to see your stuff :-)

Anonymous said...

My browser blocked access to your models. Bloxx identifies the reasons as "Hate or discrimination". I can't imagine what you've got in there to cause this but you know what web filters are like.

Len Bullard said...

There is absolutely NOTHING in those models that will get that rating. This is a troll or your filter is very hosed.

ROL is the most serene content you can imagine. Hate or discrimination are in NO way part of the world models.

gangeticus said...

Wow! The scene is wonderful!

I hope I'll be as good...

I hope to show you one project I am doing - creating 3D educational material, including games, manipulatives and 3D widgets.

I have done almost all of the material, but I always hit a wall when creating a "properly" navigable scene. My "ground" models always have "holes" in them, I can't seem to properly navigate through, without going into holes and stuff.

Any particular trick you use to circumvent it?

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Len Bullard said...

Gangeticus:

A solid should be easy to navigate. Are you using elevation grids?

ROL has six stitched pushed together at the edge with a single one underneath creating the river and a semi-transparent face set making up the fog over the water. You are welcome to download the files to your machine, unzip them, and figure out how they work.

Thanks!

len

gangeticus said...

I will try it Len!

Yes you are right. I exported elevation grid I created in Truespace.

And thanks for the explanation. I will report to you the results!

Thanks.

Murali.

Comment Policy

If you don't sign it, I won't post it. To quote an ancient source: "All your private property is target for your enemy. And your enemy is me."