Pray for the people in Galveston and Houston. Please.
3.99 per gallon @ J&W Market in Hazel Green. Limit $20 or roughly 5 gallons.
What can we do?
1. Full-car policy: on Sunday, call your neighbors who attend your church. Work out a carpool with them. Heck, pick up the Baptists too if their church is on the way.
2. Going to a high-school football game tonight? Same thing. Going to Sam's to get groceries? Same thing.
3. If you are thinking about complaining, imagine you are in a car packed with your family, the dog and two of your neighbors heading out of Houston right now and paying the same amount for gas and still limited to 5 gallons per stop.
4. We are a city of some of the best engineers in the world. Start a Get Off Gasoline Club and hold contests for the most novel workable ways to cut down on consumption.
5. Turn off the AC in your car at night and open the windows. 4/40 worked for our grandfathers and our fathers and it will work for us. Make the wind blown look trendy.
Adapt. It's the American Way!