It seems the Democrats and the media are determined to provide Governor Sarah Palin with a mighty powerful career in national politics. The pounding continues perhaps because with the election over and no reasonable alternative for placing the rage, Palin is the scarecrow. One of the frequent criticisms is she is a beauty queen. I decided to find out if beauty queens are dumb broads who fade away with their crowns. Here is a short list of women who were beauty queen winners before they went on to other careers:
1. Oprah Winfrey - 1971 Miss Fire Prevention and Miss Black Tennessee
2. Vanessa Williams - Miss America
3. Jeri Ryan - Miss Illinois
4. Halle Berry - Miss Teen All American, Miss Ohio-USA, and first runner-up to Miss USA
5. Diane Sawyer - America Junior Miss
Not a bad start to a much longer list. It seems we place a high value on being able to survive the paegeant process. Good luck, Sarah!